Exploring everyday data extremes – with hot beverages
Is your Data Tree mugshot a winner?
Your data extreme mugshot could win you a Data Tree prize at one of our regional workshops. It’s fun and easy to enter.
How to take part:
Take a photo of a Data Tree mug in a data extreme
The ‘extreme’ should reflect an aspect or application of your work.
The ‘extreme’ can include, but is not limited to: the location or means of data gathering; any uniqueness of the data, its analysis or storage; or the intense networking environments of tea-rooms, conferences and workplaces.
The Data Tree logo on the mug must be visible in the photograph.
share the photo with us on Facebook or Twitter with up to 50 words description
and using the hashtag #datamugshot (or email to email@example.com) before 17:00BST 23rd July 2018.
To be eligible for prizes, also sign up for the course prior to 23rd July 2018 at datatree.org.uk
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Data Tree mugs issued to no more than one per person and will be available at all Data Tree workshops, for collection in person at the IEA office at the University of Reading and limited numbers will be sent as a single delivery to NERC DTPs and CDTs in late April 2018.
- Data Tree will use entries on social media, so by emailing the photo and up to 50 word description, entrants agree to the photo and description being shared on Data Tree social media platforms.
- Bring the photo and description to a June/July workshop, on paper or on screen, where prizes will be awarded for the best in the room.
- To be eligible for prizes, entrants must sign up for the free Datatree course at www.datatree.org.uk
- The overall winner will be announced 1st August 2018 and prizes sent out the same month. The judges’ decisions will be final.
- Only one person can be associated with each entry, which will be the person associated with the email or social media account that sent the photo and description, the entrant must also be signed up at datatree.org.uk by the closing date of 17:00UTC 23rd July 2018.
- The competition organisers will contact shortlisted entrants through the same channel (email, social media account) by which the entry was made. If entry was made via social media, entrants will need to supply the email address with which they signed up to the data tree course before prizes can be issued.
- Entrants must not endanger themselves or others in any aspect of participating in the competition.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by email or social media account by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The finalist prizes will each have a nominal value of approximately £10.
- Data Tree reserves the right to terminate or alter the competition at any time.
- Data Tree reserves the right to reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- Data Tree will judge the successful finalists and overall winner. The decisions of Data Tree are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The finalists and overall winner agree to the use of their name being used by Data Tree for any Data Tree publicity until 31st December 2018.
- Confirmation prizes will be made to finalists and overall winner via the email supplied at entry.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the finalists and overall winner. If the finalists and overall winner cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, Data Tree reserves the right to offer the prize to other eligible entrants. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- A list of finalists and overall winner will be available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from 15th August 2018 until 30th September 2018. Only the surname of the winners will be disclosed.